Three Things You Didn't Know Could Be So Easy On Your Mac
Three is a small number that promises a short story. So, I'll dive right in.
1. Check the weather anywhere quickly and easily
You don't even need an app for it!
I can't believe I didn't know this before today, but Spotlight actually has integrated weather support. So, simply:
- Cmd+Space to bring up Spotlight
- Type in "weather New York" or wherever you are and enter to see expanded results.
2. Capture un-selectable text anywhere on your display
With the free handy little app OwlOCR, this daily need becomes a breeze.
- Press Cmd+F1 to start the area selection.
- Select the area on-screen.
- Near instantaneously the text is in your clipboard to paste into any app or purpose.
3. Change display resolutions without diving into the settings
EasyRes is a free app that makes this super-easy from your menubar - toggling both the internal display and external displays.
Hope these help, please share your daily productivity shortcuts in the comments!
I write daily web development tips that help you become a more efficient developer. 👨💻⚡️
Spotlight has many cool features!
I use it all the time for calculations or currency conversion. Just type: zar500 for instance, it should show in $ or whatever you have set as default.
Nice list, really like OwIOCR